Amazfit Neo review price date Review a smart health connected watch with the main functions in a very vintage style at a very low price.
Amazfit Neo an 80s look with current technology
Price: € 35 | Amazfit (Huami group founded in 2013 supported by the giant Xiaomi – China)
Design Amazfit Neo
The Amazfit Neo has a totally quirky design, here no Apple Watch-style rectangle or curved 3-D round screen. Instead, a retro octagonal polycarbonate block, like we found in the 80s.
To navigate in the interface, it has 2 buttons on each side. Some functions require you to press two buttons at the same time. The Amazfit Neo is available in three colors: green, black and orange. The 20 mm strap is also made of silicone, in the color of the dial.
- 1.2 inch STN screen (Super-twisted Nematic). It is energy efficient and can be seen clearly under bright light. It even has a backlight that turns on when you lift your wrist to look at the screen.
- Dimensions 40.3 x 42 mm and a thickness of 11.7 mm.
- Weight of 32 g.
- Waterproof 5 ATM (usable for swimming in the pool or in the shower)
Amazfit Neo characteristics and record autonomy
The Chinese company has already produced a dozen smart health connected watches that benefit from its partnership with the giant Xiaomi.
The autonomy of the 160 mAh battery in normal use is 28 days on a single full charge. It can go up to 37 days in economy mode. However, it will take 5 hours to fully charge it.
- Heart rate sensor
- Pairing Bluetooth 5.0 with a Android smartphone 5+ or iOS 10+
- Waterproof 5 ATM which allows you to swim with it in the pool.
The application used is now the one that takes the name of Zepp, launched at the same time as the new brand that offers the Zepp E.
The basic, but useful functions of a smart health connected watch
- Receipt of notifications, SMS and emails on the wrist, in conjunction with your smartphone,
- Alert incoming phone calls
- Triggering the camera from your mobile, ideal for group photos.
- PAI score
- Continuous measurement of your cardiac frequency
- Number of steps
A BioTracker PPG sensor monitors heart rate over 24 hours and the watch alerts you if your heart rate is abnormal.
We find the IPA score (Personal Activity Intelligence) more and more used to offer a simple view of your general physical condition.
Finally, there is the Amazfit system for monitoring sleep.
The Amazfit Neo also has a sleep tracking and even allows follow the naps (between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.) as well as REM sleep.
Limited tracking for sports
The Amazfit Neo has a monitoring of the main sports: running, walking and cycling. But, this is its weak point, because you have to go to the application to select the activity you want to do in order to trigger the monitoring.
Amazfit Neo price, release date and competition
The smart health connected watch is one of the cheapest on the market, it is available on the official Amazfit store on AliExpress at less than 35 €.
The best health and activity smartwatches 2020
AB SMART HEALTH REVIEW