5 Chinese herbs for asthma treatment
Herbs for asthma treatment
– Scientific name: Semen Armeniacae amarum
– Chinese Name: (Ku) Xing Ren
-Parts Of the plant used: the kernel of the fruit dried in the sun and powdered (summer, ripe apricots).
This herb has influences on lung and large intestine meridians
Nature: toxic and slightly warm
– Cough and asthma due to wind-cold
– Cough due to heat and drought
– Cough due to lung heat
Scientific AcoreNom: Rhizoma Acori Graminei
Chinese name: Shi Chang Pu 石菖蒲
Plant parts used: sun-dried rhizomes used raw or fresh
This herb has influences on the meridians of the heart and stomach
Flavour: pungent / Aromatic
– Chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma (modern research).
– Pulmonary encephalopathy, cerebral palsy (modern research).
– Pain, oppression and distension in the chest and abdomen, poor appetite.
– Dizziness, apolexie, epilepsy, coma obstruction, manic madness, delirium, mental confusion.
– Palpitations, insomnia, poor memory, hearing loss, tinnitus.
– Depressive psychosis and dementia (modern research).
Scientific name: Herba Ephedra
French Name: Ephedra
Chinese name: Ma Huang 麻黄
Plant parts used: herbaceous stem (stem and branches), dried in the shade, cut into pieces. The root is another drug that appeal MA HUANG GEN, and that stops sweating.
Zones of influence on the human body:
meridians of the lungs and bladder.
Flavour: pungent and slightly bitter
– Asthma and cough by Cold
– Joint pain type Cold Humidity
– Subcutaneous Nodules (TAN HE), and suppurative inflammations and abscesses
– Occipital headache, headache (occiput) in malarial syndromes type lukewarm (WEN NUE).
– Allergic rhinitis, urticaria by Wind Cold, incompletely output measles
– Edema, particularly the upper half of the body (face, eyelids)
Scientific name: Semen Brassica
Chinese name: Bai Jie Zi 白芥子
Plant parts used: dried seeds in the sun and then roasted
This herb has influences on lung meridians
– Cough and Cold asthma phlegm retention
– Costal pain and chest fullness. Especially in pleurisy, exudative pleurisy (modern research).
– Ossifluents abscess (with bone loss) of tuberculous; Metastatic abscess nature by YIN TAN Humidity; abscesses and other purulent swelling rooted YIN kind; YIN abscess.
– Scrofulous; nodule subcutaneous (TAN ET) …: with Chinese chives CONG BAI, in equal quantities, externally, 1 time a day.
– Swelling purulent powder mixed with vinegar.
– Arthalgies and numbness of limbs, numbness and pain in the shoulder and arm
– Asthma, phlegm: local application
Scientific name: Cortex Mori radicis
Chinese name: Sang Bai Pi
Parts of the plant used: root bark, stripped of the yellow outer layer (cork), cut into strip, dried in the sun.
This Chinese herb has influences on the human body: lung meridian
– Facial edema and dysuria
– Cough, asthma due to heat lungs with abundant expectoration and oppression
– High blood pressure (modern research)
Chinese herbs list
Chinese herbs for asthma